The Heart of St. Johnsbury is Growing
In Caledonia County, the St. Johnsbury Chamber of Commerce announced that 11 new businesses opened their doors in downtown St. Johnsbury during 2021, and more are anticipated to open in 2022 in the renovated New Avenue building. Here’s a list of the businesses and where you can find them.
- Haven, featuring high-quality, secondhand items for the home, is located at 18 Eastern Avenue.
- Boule Bakery, creating artisan breads and pastries at its 462 Railroad Street location.
- Lumiere VT, offering energy work, meditations and more at the 418 Railroad Street location.
- SMD Outdoors, specializing in fishing and hunting equipment can be found in Suite 2 at 446 Railroad Street.
- Jackie Fox Studio and Gallery, fine art portrait photography created on film, is in Suite 102, 379 Railroad Street.
- Flipped VT Tech, with a mission to provide a guiding light through your web design project or alleviate your computer issues while contributing quality education throughout the process is also at 446 Railroad Street in Suite 1.
- Gypsy Coast Co., original design, screen printing and apparel at 190 Eastern Avenue.
- Lift Medical, with a focus on medical aesthetics, can be found at 25 Depot Square.
- LINK VT, an open workspace for bicycle repair, maintenance, and discovery is in Suite 4 at 397 Railroad Street.
- Best Buds Smoke Shop, providing smoking accessories, CBD products and more, is at 148 Eastern Avenue.
- Kingdom Animal Hospital, providing comprehensive healthcare services to pets at 131 Railroad Street.
In addition, the St. Johnsbury Community Hub opened its doors at 438 Railroad Street. In 2020, Umbrella, Inc. received a three-year Healthy Cents Fund grant from NEK Prosper to create this hub, which is designed to connect community members with opportunities to build social and financial capital with the overall aim to increase financial security. A grant from an anonymous donor was received by NEKCA to support some aspects of this project. Visit www.stjcommunityhub.org/ to learn what the HUB has to offer.
Ready to start your own commercial enterprise, or perhaps purchase a turnkey business and watch it grow? Scroll down to see this month’s featured commercial properties.