Town Name: Waterford
Area: 39.7 SQ MILES
Brief History: The town was chartered in November of 1780 to Benjamin Whipple and his associates. Originally, it was called Littleton, but the name was changed to Waterford in 1797. The town’s primary historical occupation was agriculture, which is not surprising given its fertile soil.
General Area Info: The town consists of Waterford Springs, which borders the Connecticut River, and Lower Waterford, also known as “White Village,” where the town clerk’s office, post office, library, and the historic Rabbit Hill Inn are located. The summit of Fuller Hill is the highest point in town at 2,017 feet.
Attractions: Stiles Pond, Moore Reservoir
Recreational Activities: Swimming, Paddling, Boating, Biking. Bird Watching
- When Moore Dam was built in 1957, the original village of Upper Waterford
- was flooded beneath the newly created reservoir.
- K-8: Waterford Elementary School
- High School: Choice
Waterford VT Listings
View featured listings below or select a property type: